Clubhouse Dress Code
Members and their guests are expected to wear appropriate attire at all times and in accordance with published guidelines. Members and/or guests who are not properly attired will be addressed by the Manager on duty.
- Gentlemen of all ages: No hats in the Clubhouse, except in the Men’s Locker Room.
Casual attire is defined as collared shirts and slacks or Bermuda length shorts for gentlemen and similarly appropriate attire for ladies. Casual dining attire: no jacket and tie required for the men.
- Short shorts are prohibited in the Clubhouse
- Acceptable denim and fashionable blue jeans are permitted in the Clubhouse with the exception of formal dining events. Ripped, torn, ill-fitting, frayed, or faded denim jeans would be considered inappropriate.
- Formal attire is required for dinner in the Clubhouse dining room on Saturday evenings for gentlemen ages 10 and over. Jackets and ties are required. Denim attire is inappropriate. For those without jackets and ties, casual dining will be available in the Club Room.
- Dinner on Thursday, Friday and Sunday is casual throughout the Clubhouse.
Riverhouse Dress Code
While the Riverhouse is more casual in nature, appropriate and conservative attire is expected to be worn by all members and guests. Boys and girls should follow adult dress code guidelines listed below.
- Dining at the Riverhouse is always casual, unless specified otherwise. Casual is defined as collared shirts and slacks or Bermuda length shorts for gentlemen, and similarly appropriate attire for ladies.
- No wet bathing suits are permitted in the Riverhouse, bar and bar area. If you wish to order a
beverage at the bar, cover-ups and shirts are required.
- Men’s collared shirts and appropriate t-shirts are acceptable.
- Men’s hats are not permitted inside the covered area of the Riverhouse.
- Inappropriate attire includes: cut-offs, jogging and exercise tops and bottoms, spandex, men’s sleeveless t-shirts and any clothing with offensive slogans.
- Acceptable denim and fashionable blue jeans are permitted in the Riverhouse with the exception of formal dining events. Ripped, torn, ill-fitting, frayed, or faded denim jeans would be considered inappropriate.
- Footwear is required in the Riverhouse.
The Pool Director or Manager will ask members and guests to comply with appropriate dress standards.
Golf Course Dress Code
Men and Junior Boys:
- Acceptable Attire: Shirts must have a collar and be tucked in; slacks or Bermuda length shorts only; golf caps to be worn with the visor forward.
- Unacceptable Attire: Denim; cargo pants and shorts; athletic and tennis attire; sweatsuits; short sleeve mock turtlenecks.
Women and Junior Girls:
- Acceptable Attire: Sleeveless shirts with a collar, round neck shirts with sleeves, and turtlenecks. Shirts, without hems must be tucked in. Appropriate shorts and skirts; Capri pants and slacks.
- Unacceptable Attire: Denim; cargo pants; short or tight fitting shorts and skirts; athletic and tennis attire; warm-up suits; tank tops, tube tops; halter tops; and revealing tops exposing bare midriff or low cut necklines.
- Appropriate tennis attire at all times. All players must wear soft soled shoes.
- Whites are required at all times
General Dress Regulations:
- Footwear requiring laces must be laced and tied.
- Hats and visors must be worn in the traditional fashion with the bill facing forward.
Use of Electronic Devices:
- Electronic devices may only be used in authorized areas and must be kept in silent or vibrate mode. Use of speakerphone mode is prohibited.
- The use of cellular telephones is only permitted in parking areas, at the marina and in the McCarter Room of the Main Clubhouse (when unoccupied, for brief and necessary calls).
- Text messaging or emailing is prohibited at dining tables and is only permitted in parking areas, at the marina, in the McCarter Room of the Main Clubhouse (when unoccupied), in locker rooms and on the pool deck area. The discreet use of PDA’s, and other electronic devices is permitted for viewing and reading when kept in silent or vibrate mode.
- The use of camera and video recording devices are prohibited in the locker rooms.
- The use of personal audio devices are not permitted in any Club buildings or on the golf course with the exception of the pool deck area.