Rumson Country Club Dress Code
Click here for a PDF version of the RCC Dress Code
The Rumson Country Club’s history is built upon a foundation wherein members embrace etiquette and sportsmanlike behavior and rely upon common sense and common purpose to maintain those high standards. As such, the Board of Directors will enforce the following dress code policies to foster an environment of respect, courtesy, and decorum.
The member is responsible to inform all family members and guests of the dress code. Members and/or guests who are not properly attired will be addressed by the Manager on duty or by the appropriate Club staff professional.
• Casual attire is defined as tucked in collared shirts and slacks or Bermuda length shorts with a belt for gentlemen and similarly appropriate attire for ladies.
• Inappropriate attire includes short shorts, cut-offs, gym attire and any clothing with offensive language.
• Appropriate denim is permitted as casual attire with the exception of formal dining events. Ripped, cut-off, frayed, torn, or ill-fitting attire is inappropriate.
• Hats – Gentlemen of all ages (including Juniors) are expected to remove hats, caps, or visors when inside or undercover, except in the Men’s Locker Room. Hats, caps, and visors must be worn in the traditional fashion with the bill facing forward.
• Footwear – Footwear is required at all times. Footwear requiring laces must be laced and tied.
• Dress Code for special member events may vary, and specifics will be provided at the time of the event.
Main Clubhouse Dining
• Dining at the Clubhouse is casual attire or better (as defined above) throughout the Clubhouse, unless a special event requires differently. While in the Clubhouse, gentlemen must have collared shirts tucked in with a belt.
• The Clubhouse area for Dress Code purposes includes the Main Clubhouse, Dining Room, Bar, Terrace and Men and Ladies Locker Rooms.
• Dining at the Riverhouse, unless specified otherwise is always casual (as defined above with the specific exception that shirts may be worn untucked.) Appropriate and conservative attire is expected to be worn by all members and guests.
• Wet bathing suits are not permitted in the Riverhouse.
• Footwear is required at all times.
• Hats – Gentlemen and Juniors are expected to remove hats, caps, or visors when inside or under cover.
• Before the Dinner Hour at the Riverhouse (Before 5PM on Sundays, 6PM all other days):
Men - Collared shirts and T-shirts are permitted before the dinner service starts.
Women – Bathing suits with appropriate cover-up are permitted before the dinner service starts.
• After the Dinner Hour starts at the Riverhouse (After 5PM on Sundays, 6PM all other days): Bathing suits and/or cover-ups are not acceptable in the Riverhouse.
Men – Collared shirts are required.
Women – Cover-ups, tennis wear, and/or gym attire are not acceptable.
• Acceptable denim and shorts are permitted at poolside. Cut-off, ripped, torn, frayed attire and gym attire is unacceptable.
• Whites are required at all times.
• All players must wear soft-soled sneakers.
• Whites are required at all times.
• Proper athletic attire is restricted to the courts and the Paddle Hut and is not considered acceptable attire in the Main Clubhouse.
Golf Course (which shall also include the Halfway House)
Men and Junior Boys:
• Acceptable Attire – Shirts must have a collar and be tucked in, slacks, or Bermuda length shorts, with a belt.
• Unacceptable Attire – Blue denim, cargo pants, cargo shorts, gym attire, tennis attire, sweatsuits and short sleeve mock turtlenecks are all unacceptable.
Women and Junior Girls:
• Acceptable Attire – Sleeveless shirts with collar, round neck shirts with sleeves and turtlenecks. Shirts without hems must be tucked in. Appropriate shorts and skirts, Capri pants, and slacks. Shorts and skirts are to be no more than 6 inches above the top of the knee.
• Unacceptable Attire – Blue denim, cargo, short or tight fitting shorts and skirts, athletic attire, tennis attire, gym attire, cover-ups, tank tops, midriff or low cut neck lines are all unacceptable.
• Men – Collared shirts and tee shirts permitted, gym attire is not permitted.
• Women – Bathing suits with appropriate cover-up s are permitted, gym attire is not permitted.
Children and Juniors
• The same guidelines as outlined above apply to children and juniors, ages 8 and above.